Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Sick Day

Hola, GRs. I'm home sick today. Don't worry, it's mainly a sinus infection and an ear ache. Should be good as new by tomorrow. Thankfully I voted last week in early voting.

I did manage to catch the HBO documentary I mentioned last week. Very sobering and downright frightening. Basically electronic voting machine manufacturers are dictating how we vote in this country, not the voters. And when I say "dictating" I mean that in more ways than one.

So, as you diligently caress the touchscreens of democracy today (except you, Prophet and you, St. Gorton, because you didn't update your voter registrations, you stinkers) ask yourself why you don't get a paper receipt. Ask why megacorporations have more say than you do in this democracy of ours. Then call your Congressperson, your county election commissioner, etc and ask them. It's time you got angry.

Wooo... it's time I had something cold to drink and a nap. Until tomorrow, Gentle Readers. Tomorrow, possibly the first day of the new era in our government?? Let's hope.

3 comments:

baby guanaco said...

here's the good folks working against these insidious machine politicians, pun intended.

Anonymous said...

From me and Seinfeld: "Get well, get well soon, we want you to get well."
Love ya!
~The Booklahver

tiny robot said...

Dude, people got ANGRY yesterday and voted OUT the Republicans! I'm in a state of shock!

It's also nice to know that after 6 years of being mad about how our government was screwing us that everyone else got mad about it, too.