Friday, February 27, 2009

Buggin' Out

I killed a bug this morning in the kitchen. Not just any bug, but a weird semi-translucent thing with 100 legs. Sure, the pest control ppl came out last week and hosed the house down with pesticide, and yes, the bugs that don't die inside the walls usually stagger out for a dramatic death in the open where they can just get sucked up by the vaccum, but damn, this particular bug looked like it was from another planet.

I smacked it deftly with my shoe, but got so weirded-out that I couldn't do the clean-up. Baby G came the rescue and scraped the tiny corpse into the trash for me. Usually I don't get so worked up, but this bug was just so foreign and so odd that it triggered the goosebumps and I was momentarily incapacitated by a ridiculous dose of fear.

[Shudder!]

No comments: